So I’m working on my Bachelor thesis, and I’m trying to find out about the attitudes regarding ICT in education of the teaching staff of the Social Sciences. I’ve now done eleven in depth interviews, most of them lasting about one hour. Below I have written down some statements (work in progress) that teachers have opinions about. Once I’ve done most of the qualitative interviews, I will use these statements in a survey.
1. Using PowerPoint during a lecture makes students more passive.
2. Using PowerPoint during a lecture causes students to stop making notes.
3. Using PowerPoint during a lecture offers structure to the argument(s) presented.
4. Using video clips during a lecture makes students more passive.
5. Using video clips during a lecture keeps the students’ attention span up due to the variety in presentation material
6. The biggest obstacle to effective use of ICT in education is the learning curve required to master them.
7. The availability of video lectures tends to keep students from attending the lectures.
More to come!